The Home Shopping Process
As your real estate agent, my most important job is to be loyal to you and dedicate myself to insuring you get all the information you need and want to make a fully-informed decision on a property. I am your loyal consultant. This is not about selling you. It’s about being loyal to you and your best interests.
I do that in a number of ways.
I regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable.
I make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted.
I help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
Before you view a property, I provide you with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes closing dates, market value, and more. Later, if you have questions, I get the answers for you.
Importantly, I also give you the scoop on the neighborhood and the real estate market in that neighborhood, so you all the information you need and want to make an educated fully-informed decision.
When you find a property you like, I give you my honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision without my expert advice.
As your real estate agent, I’m committed to getting you into the right home, at the right price and with the right conditions, and I’m with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size and good layout, dedicated parking space(s), etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, finished basement, fireplace, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon? How old is the roof?
- What do you like most about the home? What do you like most about the neighborhood?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighborhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighborhood?
- Does the neighborhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s my job to help make the process easier and productive for you, so you can find the home you want with as little hassle as possible.
Ready to get started? Call or email and let me know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. Then let’s sit down and talk so I truly understand what you are looking for and what is important to you in your home.
If you prefer, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you so we can set up a time to meet and discuss.